Dates: Dec 4, 5, and 11, 2012, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Location: IMF HQ1-02-530
Instructor: Ron Aira
Costs: $60 for IPS members; $100 for non-IPS members
To register, please send an email to email@example.com.
1st day: “Understanding your Camera”
- Shooting Manual, understanding exposure
- Aperture, Depth of Field, advantages/disadvantages to shooting open versus stopped down.
- Shutter Speed, freezing and blur
- Reading camera meter
- Lenses: Fast lenses vs. Slow lenses, telephoto, wide angle, zoom lenses
- HOMEWORK: Bring a photo you like and one you dislike. These are photo you have taken in the past.
2nd day: “Learning How To See”
- What makes a good photograph?
- Rule of thirds
- Critique Homework assignment.
- HOMEWORK: Shoot flowers using Manual, good composition, cohesive set of 5 images or more.
3rd day: “My Flower Story”
- Answer and solve problems from homework.
- Critique flower assignment
- 20th/21st century photography presentation