Dates: January 29, 31, and February 5, 2013, 6:30-8:30p.m.
Location: IMF HQ1-02-530
Instructor: Corey Hilz
Cost: $90 (IPS members); $130 (non-IPS members)
Maximum number of participants: 20 on a first-come, first-served basis.
Note: The workshop is pegged at an intermediate level: you need to be familiar with basic photo editing concepts and tools in order to gain from this workshop. The workshop covers Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements.
To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photoshop has an incredible set of features, but as photographers we don’t need to know how to do everything. So what should you use and how do you use it? This workshop focuses on the features of Photoshop that are useful for photographers. You’ll learn skills that enable will you to use Photoshop confidently and effectively. You’ll also learn plenty of tips and tricks to save you time and make using Photoshop easier. Even if you find Photoshop complicated this workshop is designed to take away the mystery and make it easy to understand.
- Levels and Curves adjustments
- Layers, Adjustment Layers and Masks
- Brushes (effective use of size, hardness, opacity and flow)
- Applying adjustments selectively
- Non-destructive dodge and burn
- Retouching tools: Clone Stamp, Healing Brush, Patch Tool, Content Aware
- Selections: Quick Selection Tool and Refine Edge
- Correcting color casts
- Smart Filters
- Skin softening techniques
- Blending two exposures of the same composition
- Simulating a Graduated Neutral Density filter
- Creating panoramas
- Lens Correction: distortion and chromatic aberration
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop with Photoshop installed so you can practice while the techniques are being demonstrated (practice images will be provided). Even if you don’t have a laptop, much can be gained by attending the workshop and observing the features and how the tools are used.
After the workshop all attendees will be sent a link to download a color pdf handout with more than 100 pages of Photoshop tips, tricks and techniques.